Friday, October 14, 2005

Mon 9/5/2005 8:03 AM

Hey everyone!!

I'M IN PRAGUE!!! It is soooo gorgeous here! I haven't sent pictures yet because I did not bring my computer to the NYU center today.

Yesterday I wandered around everywhere with some friends and got totally lost, of course.. but now i know my way around pretty well. Every time I walk outside i am completely flabbergasted. I have never seen anything like this city in my entire life.

My room isbeautiful and FULLY stocked with everything that i could need, all I have to add is food. I was put in the sameroom as Katrina, how weird is that, and one other girl who is really nic and very clean. We will all get along very well. I absolutely love it here.

I had my first Czech class today. I can say the alphabet,count to 10 and speak some of the common greetings. Itis really hard but I am so glad that I am taking it, I really think that I am going to get a lot out ofit.

There are about150 students here, and a little more than half of them are NYU. The other students are mostly from Tufts (Amy I met someone named Sarah who knows you), Duke, Stanford and Harvord.

A lot of the roads are cobblestones, but only in the old town. (the part build in the 1300's) My apt is an old Ham factory...go figure....with three student floors and no elevators. Lucky for me there are a lot of nice boys who offered to carry my bags up the stairs. (you will appreciate that if you saw the size of my bags.)

Oh yeah....the beer is about 15 Kc(crowns) which is less than a dollar for 0.5 Liters. It is gross, but not many other people seem to mind it.

Real classes start officially in two weeks I think. Right now we have every minute scheduled withactivities to help us get to know the city. I am having so much fun and I cant wait to share pictures with everyone. I hope everyone else is having a wonderful start to the semester and to september.

Much love, Emma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home